Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Your Right to Cancel
You may normally cancel your order (once accepted by us) for any reason up to the point of the alteration or repair being carried out. If you do cancel the order within this time any payments made by you will be refunded in full within 30 days.
2. Alterations & Repairs
The Zip Yard carries out a wide variety of alterations and repairs to both garments and soft furnishings. Please note the following conditions before placing an order:
2.1 Shrinkage – if the garment you require altering is new we advise you to follow the care instructions on the garment (cotton, wool or linen) and we recommend you wash them for shrinkage before any alterations are carried out.
2.2 Clean or washed – please ensure that garments are either freshly laundered or dry cleaned before they are presented for repair or alteration.
2.3 Pinning & Measurement – We offer a free pinning service which will be carried out by a trained member of our team. We do not accept responsibility for errors where pinning or measuring has not been undertaken by a member of staff.
2.4 Cutting & Sewing – alterations will be carried out using methods of cutting and sewing as per our company standards unless and otherwise stated by the customer in writing.
2.5 Dry Cleaning – all items requiring dry cleaning must have labels attached detailing the material composition of the garment and cleaning instructions.
2.6 Bridal & Formal – we strongly advise that when having garments altered, particularly wedding and formal wear, that the underwear and shoes that are to be worn with the garment are worn during fitting
3. Pricing & Payment
3.1 All prices on our marketing materials and websites are indicative prices and are accurate at the time of publication.
3.2 Each order will be priced individually by the Sales Assistant or Franchise Owner.
3.3 Where the order is very complex you may be given an estimate based on the number of hours required to complete the order, this estimate can be subject to change without prior notification although the Centre Owner will endeavour to keep you informed of any changes.
3.4 If you are not satisfied with the price quoted, you must discuss it with the Sales Assistant or Franchise Owner prior to any work being started. We do not retrospectively negotiate our prices once the work has been started and/or completed.
3.5 We accept payment by credit/debit card or in cash. All transactions are shown in pounds sterling (£) and, where appropriate, are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate. The current rate of VAT is 20%.
4. Collection of Goods
4.1 When placing your order you will be advised of your collection date/time, please be advised this is an estimate and subject to change without prior notification.
4.2 You will receive an SMS message to advise when your order is completed and ready for collection.
4.3 Unclaimed garments will be given to charity if not collected within 90 days of the due date and time on your ticket.
5.1 We advise that all work is examined before you leave the Centre.
5.2 In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with the work carried out you must notify us by returning the item to the Centre within 48 hours of collection and discussing the claim with the Sales Assistant or Franchise Owner.
5.3 Where you are clearly at fault we will endeavour to repair and/or alter the item to your satisfaction at your cost.
5.4 Where we are clearly at fault we will endeavour to repair and/or alter the item to your satisfaction at our cost.
5.5 Where we are clearly at fault and a repair and/or alteration is no longer possible we will provide credit or cash compensation up to a maximum value of £250.
6. Right to Refuse
We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer for reasons including but not limited to circumstances of actual or implied physical or verbal abuse towards our business or our employees.
7. Statutory Rights
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
8. Changes to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Terms & Conditions of Website Usage
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Northern Ireland.
Please note that the Franchisor, The Zip Yard Limited, is not responsible for any content added to the website by the Franchise Owner.